The management and staff of Airpower and its related bodies will at all times, ensure that the daily operations of the company do not breach the Privacy Act 1988 and the 2014 Australian Privacy Principles.
Personal Information (PI) is defined in the Privacy Act and summarised as any information that can be used to personally identify you.
Personal Information we collect and hold
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend upon what dealings you have with us. We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and will not do so in an unreasonable intrusive manner. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- ID information such as your name, residential/postal address, email address, contact numbers, ABN number;
- other contact details such as profession, occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about;
- any additional information you provide to us directly through our online sites or indirectly through the use of our online presence including cookies;
- information you provide to us through our associated businesses or customer surveys;
- credit details relating to credit history, credit capacity; and
- other information we think is necessary.
How we collect the information
Airpower seeks personal information in many ways. We might collect your information when a person:
- enquires about our products, service or general information from Airpower by a number of means;
- purchases a new vehicle, machinery or parts from us;
- has a vehicle or machinery serviced and/or repaired;
- takes a test drive of our vehicle or machinery;
- enters a competition or responds to a survey or research conducted by Airpower or associated businesses;
- through your access and use of our online sites or third party online sites with our online presence; and
- we may also collect personal information from third parties including; companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
Outcomes if we can’t collect Personal Information
If you do not provide us with the personal information, we may not be able to:
- provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all; this may include warranties, recalls and reworks, service reminders or
- provide you with information about products and services that might meet your needs.
Purposes for collecting Personal Information
We only use or disclose personal information for the purpose which is either specified, or reasonably apparent to you at the time you provide the information. We may use or disclose your information for related purposes for which you would reasonably expect it to be used. We can collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
- provide products, services and customer support to you and send communications requested by you;
- provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- use of administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Airpower or associated businesses;
- update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- process and respond to any complaint from you; and
- comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
Who we disclose the information to
- our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our online sites or our business and fulfilling requests of you;
- other parties to provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, couriers, payment processors, network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors;
- the associated businesses such as Isuzu Australia Limited, Kubota Tractor Australia, Iveco, Bobcat;
- suppliers, insurers and other third parties for business, marketing and other purposes; and
- authorities when we may be obligated under Australian Law.
Direct marketing materials
Direct marketing communications may be sent to you with information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. Communications may include various forms such as mail, fax, email, SMS and other online communication tools. We comply with applicable marketing laws such as the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 and the Spam Act 2003.
If you inform us with a preferred method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing, other than authorised entities. We will only use direct marketing solely for the purpose of providing better customer service for the Airpower customers who have purchased products or services from us or are likely to purchase.
How can you access and correct your Personal Information?
You are welcome to request details of the personal information that we hold about you. We will try to provide you with the means of accessing it such as by mailing or emailing.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. Under exceptional circumstance that may happen, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you find that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact our Administration Manager to amend it.
Process for breaches of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us by sending details in writing. We will respond in writing within 7 business days from the date we receive it.
We will make all reasonable steps to protect your personal information securely against misuse, loss, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. The information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer required.
As our online sites are linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is at your own risk.
Our online sites contain links to third parties or external sites which are related to Airpower. Please be aware that we do not monitor, and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any such third party sites.
Changes in the Future